Simple Holiday Menu

 

Happy Holidays! I hope you all are enjoying time with your friends and family. It is the first Christmas for our new family of 3 and we are staying home to relish the moments.

With the arrival of baby 3 weeks before the holiday, it has been a whirlwind. I didn’t plan ahead for a Christmas meal, as Cameron’s due date was actually December 22. I didn’t know if we would be home or in the hospital for delivery!

He decided to make his appearance on December 5 and the past few weeks have flown by. It then hit me, I need to at least get some stocking stuffers and prepare some sort of meal for our first Christmas with just the 3 of us.

I’m going to keep it simple since I only need to feed 2. We’re going to have ham, sweet potatoes, corn, and either brussels sprouts or green beans (maybe both). We’ll also have pumpkin pie, my husband’s favorite, and apple pie as well. Finally, we’ll be making some cookies to leave for Santa!

This is the first year that we haven’t traveled to a family members house for the holiday, therefore the first time I’ve had to whip up the entire meal rather than a side dish or two.  It made me a little anxious, as I wanted to have some traditional choices that really made it feel like a special holiday meal.

We had turkey not too long ago, so I opted for ham. What’s your preference, turkey or ham? For larger gatherings you could probably go with both!

Also, let me know, what are your favorite holiday sides and desserts?

I’ll be better prepared next year, but I’m really looking forward to this special day with my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *